Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Gift Idea

Here's another Christmas gift idea. I made a little notecard set from a vintage Dr. Seuss book. I simply used spray craft glue to adhere the illustrations to the front of a blank notecard. I bought a a set of 8 notecards at a local thrift store, new in shrink wrap for next to nothing. I lined the envelopes as well. But the fun part is the little folder. To make it, I simply ripped the entire inside pages out of a hardcover vintage Dr. Seuss book. I then covered the bare spot where the pages had been with a strip of paper cut from the end papers so it would match the inside of the cover. Then I glued a strip of ribbon across the middle of the book leaving long ends loose at the edges in order to tie the folder closed. I packaged the cards in sets of four and tied them with matching ribbon. A fun presentation for a vintage children's book lover!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Charity

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this Charity! Very cute! Should I send you some "vintage" books?

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!